Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time fo the Year!

This is my favorite time of the year. I love everything about it. I love decorating the tree, singing Christmas carols, wrapping presents, drinking hot chocolate, and watching all of the old Christmas shows on t.v. I think I look forward to Christmas just as much...if not more...than I did when I was a kid. It's such a magical time. Of course, when I was a kid I had to go see Santa as soon as possible so I could tell him all of the goodies on my list. I remember writing to Santa one year....and he wrote back. I felt pretty important. And of course, growing up in church, I was an angel in numerous Christmas plays and nativity scenes. When I grew up, I directed several of those Christmas plays with kids at church. There's nothing cuter than seeing a little shepherd or wise man with his "beard" falling off or an little angel who's halo falls on the floor in the middle of "Silent Night". There are so many wonderful things about this season, but I think the most important part is celebrating the birth a King. The King of kings and Lord of lords. Jesus. The song "I Believe" by Natalie Grant pretty much sums it up. "Heaven's Child. The great I Am. Born to take away my sins through nail pierced hands. Emmanuel has come. I believe." Let's all believe this Christmas and throughout the year. Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Merry CHRISTmas Jamie & Beth ~ and this is my favorite time of year too!

    ReplyDelete